Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Wave Goodbye, Wish Me Well..."

Hello again, Readers!

Please fasten your seat belts because the plane is about to depart! In less than 12 hours, I will be on a plane headed to Cyprus! With a total of two planes and a travel time of 14 hours and 45 minutes, I should arrive in Larnaca, Cyprus around 9pm on September 14th since Cyprus is 7 hours ahead of Bethlehem. From there I will take a taxi to Nicosia, the capital, where I am to find my apartment and meet my roommates Anya and Lauren. Let's hope this trip runs smoothly compared to my last international journey to Germany in High School. (My first flight was delayed two hours and my suitcase didn't make the transfer in time and therefore did not arrive in Germany when I did! It was delivered to my house a few days later.) Needless to say, I will be very pleased to see my suitcase greet me in Larnaca! I'm hoping I did not just jinx myself.....

Anyways, I'm super excited that departure day has finally come! I am all packed, ready to go, and looking forward to living/studying in Cyprus. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited so the nerves hardly matter. For those of you that read my last post, I decided to give in to temptation and upgrade to an even bigger suitcase. My younger brother Cameron pointed out that the smaller one I was using weighed more empty, so it made sense to switch to the larger one that weighed less empty so that there will be more room to bring stuff back! I will not be surprised if my suitcase weighs more than the 51lbs limit though....I guess you'll have to check back to find out! haha.

In related news, yesterday I found out that I have been selected for Global Learning Semesters' Blog Scholarship, which means I have to send them a blog for their facebook page every ten days. I'm honored to be chosen and I can't wait to experience everything this program has to offer!

Well, I have to pack my computer away soon so I guess this post has to end somewhere. I could go on and on about how excited I am, but I think you get the point. I have requested that we stop at Cracker Barrel for my last meal before I go, and we're going to stop at Barnes and Nobles on the way so I can pick up a book to take with me that a friend recommended. I'm not sure what the Internet is like in Cyprus, so you'll just have to keep checking for updates! Today's post title is from Human by the Killers.

And if anyone would like to send letters here is my address:

Courtney Haines
c/o GLI Global Learning Institute
P.O. Box 27931
Engomi, Nicosia 2434
Cyprus


Thanks for reading everyone!

Till next time!
-Courtney <3







1 comment:

  1. Woooo following each other! :) I can't wait to mail you letters!

    ReplyDelete